to be held at the Clubhouse, Common Lane, Beer at 7.30pm on
Tuesday 29th November 2016 The Clubhouse will be open from 7.00pm - Coffee & Tea available. The Bar will open after the meeting.
The agenda for the meeting is:
2. Minutes of Annual General Meeting 2015
3. Commodore’s Report
4. Sailing Secretary’s Report
5. Honorary Secretary’s Report
6. Honorary Treasurer’s Report
7. Proposal for the Continuation of Beer Sailing Club for the Year 2017 (Proposer: Phil Bastone; Seconder: Alan Adams)
8. Election of Officers and Committee Members (See Overleaf)
9. Annual Subscriptions (See Overleaf)
10. Start & Finish Dates for the Sailing Season 2017 (Start: First Sunday in April; Finish: Last Sunday in December)
11. Proposal for club rule change , Rule 72, delete the final part only relating to CASC. The rule currently states
On any resolution properly put to a meeting of the club relating to the creation, repeal or amendment of any Rule, Byelaw or Regulation of the club such Rule, Byelaw or Regulation shall not be created, repealed or amended except by a majority vote of at least two-thirds of those present and entitled to vote.
Delete this part:
Provided that no such change shall jeopardise the club’s status as a Community Amateur Sports Club within the meaning of the Finance Acts, or in any event alter its objects or winding-up provisions.
12. Proposal for club rule change to Rule 73 regarding Dissolution - In bold below
If, upon the winding up or dissolution of the Club, there remains after the satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities any property whatsoever, the same shall not be paid to or distributed among the Members of the Club, but shall be given or transferred to some other institution or institutions, subject to the following conditions of distribution;
any items relating directly to practice of sailing such as boats, equipment etc should be transferred to which is another club with similar sports purposes which is a charity and/or to another club with similar sports purposes which is a registered Community Amateur Sports Club and/or to the sport’s national governing body for use by them for related community sports,
The club house and all associated equipment and facilities should first be offered to an appropriate Beer village community organisation subject to this organisation having necessary rules and regulations ensuring its assets are held for use, benefit and enjoyment by the community in perpetuity.
such organisations institution or institutions to be determined by the Members of the Club by Resolution passed, by a majority of two thirds of those present and entitled to vote, at a General Meeting at or before the time of dissolution.
13. Any Other Business No business except the passing of the accounts and the election of the Officers, Committee and Independent Examiner and any business that The Committee may order to be inserted in the notice convening the meeting, shall be discussed at such meeting unless notice thereof be given to the Secretary at least 24 hours before the date of the AGM.
If you wish to propose a member for a vacancy, or raise another matter at the meeting, please note the following extracts from the Club Rules:
No candidate for election to any office (other than the retiring officers) shall be proposed unless the name of each candidate and his Proposer and Seconder shall have been sent in writing to the Honorary Secretary at least 24 hours before the date of the Annual General Meeting. The Proposed Officers and Committee:-
Officers Name Retiring/Re-standing Proposed Seconded ---------- ------- ------------------------- ------------ ------------ Commodore Vacancy Vice Commodore Mike Taylor Re-standing Alan Burley Alan Adams Secretary Hugh Sutherland Re-standing Alan Burley Stewart Aplin Treasurer Alan Adams Re-standing Phil Bastone Alan Burley Committee Members- Geoff Adkin Re-standing ) Stewart Aplin Re-standing ) All General Committee David Boalch Re-standing ) Members Proposed and Ali Green Re-standing ) Seconded by Phil Bastone Alan Burley Re-standing ) and Michael Taylor James GreenRe-standing ) Geoff PookRe-standing)
Angie CromwellRe-standing (& Social) )
Non-Committee Appointments ----------------------------------- Sailing Secretary Vacancy ) All proposed and seconded Membership SecretaryGeoff AdkinRe-standing ) by James Green Independent ExaminerKeith IzzardRe-standing ) & Stewart Aplin
Single Adult £ 22 (£22) £ 27.50 (£27.50) Family = 2 Adults + children under 18 £ 44 (£4) Family = 2 Adults + children under 18, 1 sailing £ 55 (£55) Family = 2 Adults + children under 18, 2 or more sailing £ 55 (£55) Junior = under 18 £ 11 (£11)£ 16.50 (£16.50) Visitors = Family + 1 dinghy per week £ 27.50 (£27.50)
Boat Fees (includes Race Fee, Beach Fee and use of winches) Boat Fees
Standard Dinghy eg Laser, RS Feva, RS200 £ 100 (£100) Any additional Dinghy NB only if Standard Dinghy already paid £ 38.50 (£38.50) Junior/Cadet Dinghy eg Mirror, Topper, RS Quba, Laser Pico £ 66 (£66) Rowing Boat up to 4m NB no engine, no fishing gear £ 38.50 (£38.50) Paddle Boards and Kayaks £ 25 (NEW)