Situated in East Devon on the beautiful Jurassic Coastline, Beer Sailing Club enjoys one of the finest locations for dinghy racing in the South West.
Sheltering behind Beer Head in the picturesque fishing village of Beer, the club provides dinghy sailing for all levels of experience. Along with great sailing we have an excellent social programme. We are a warm and friendly club where visitors are made to feel very welcome.
We have planned the following based on the latest Government roadmap for easing Covid related restrictions. Please note that participation in any club activities is at your own risk and members are required to follow the current Government guidelines for social distancing, (subject to change).
From Sunday 18th April
- Independent (ie non organised) sailing is now allowed for both single and dual handed boats.
- The club boats are available for use by club members who are competent sailors.
- Sailing with mixed households is allowed, whilst conforming to social distancing as far as is possible in a two person dinghy and rule of 6 / two households.
- The patrol boat will be manned by volunteers, but not as part of any organised racing.
- The race hut will be unmanned.
- The changing rooms will remain closed, so please come prepared.
- All other boating activities are permitted (kayaks, paddle boards, rowing boats), again with due consideration of government guidelines.
From Monday 17th May
- Coffee mornings restart on Wednesday mornings.
- The bar will be open both inside and outside (with rule of six or two households) on Thursday evenings and Sunday lunchtimes.
- The changing rooms will be open.
From Sunday 6th June
- Organised racing resumes.
- Sailing with mixed households allowed subject to covid guidelines.
- Race hut and patrol boat will be manned.
From Thursday 24th June
- The bar and clubhouse will be fully open.
- All sailors welcome to participate with no restrictions.
Saturday 26th June – Development Day #1
- Open to beginners and those wanting to get back on the water.